Food and Toy Drive – November 21 & 22

It's the time of year when Parksville Volunteer Fire Department members will once again collect food and toys, door-to-door throughout Parksville and the areas served by the Parksville Fire Protection Area. The annual food and toy drive will take place this year on Saturday, November 21 and Sunday, November 22 from 9 am to 4 pm.

The week prior to the food drive, through the local newspapers, Quality Foods will provide paper bags for groceries. If residents are not able to be at home, they should leave the bag in a carport or by their door and it will be picked up by firefighters.

During the collection weekend, it may not be possible for volunteers to get to every household. If we miss a home, please bring any non-perishable food items and/or new, unwrapped toys to the Parksville Fire Hall. Cash donations are also welcomed.

Liz Olson who has organizes the food drive on behalf of the fire department stated, “last year’s food drive collected 23,300 pounds of food and cash donations of ,000 for the Salvation Army, just shy of the 2013 all-time record of 23,500 pounds. We would love to set a new record.”

In past years, Parksville residents have generously supported the Parksville Fire Department's annual food and toy drive and are the reason this drive is such a success. Any support that residents are able to give is appreciated by the Parksville Fire Department. Every little bit helps and will make the world of difference to many families this holiday season.